Crossmaglen Credit Union Ltd.
is now inviting applications for the following:
Risk and Compliance Officer
Crossmaglen Credit Union is seeking to recruit a Risk & Compliance Officer to join our dynamic team and contribute to the ongoing success of the Credit Union. We are a community-based credit union, member owned and not for profit with 5,400 adult members and an asset base of £28 million.
This is a full-time position. You will be a key member of the team and contribute to the credit union’s growth and development. You will have responsibility for ensuring compliance by the credit union with regulatory, contractual, corporate and industry best practice standards in all aspects of the credit union’s business.
To maintain the risk and compliance system to ensure that all elements of all relevant products and services offered to members by the credit union are being carried out in accordance with relevant laws, regulations, policies and procedures, rules and Codes of Practice, and in line with industry best practice.
- To ensure the requirements of the risk and compliance system are implemented and adhered to on an ongoing basis, and to ensure relevant issues are effectively reported.
- To produce and provide appropriate management information on a regular basis or as required.
- To devise, implement and deliver appropriate training programmes for the credit union’s directors, volunteers and staff as required.
- To monitor changes to legal, regulatory and industry environments on an ongoing basis and assess impact on the business and provide advice and appropriate documentation for the credit union to ensure compliance.
- To devise internal risk and compliance audit procedures and ensure their implementation.
- To ensure audit and regulatory recommendations are implemented within the stated deadlines.
- To produce and present regulatory reports as required.
- To attend and contribute to meetings as may be directed by the manager.
- To liaise with the ILCU and the Regulators as necessary and foster and build good relations.
- To undertake such other reasonable and lawful duties as may be directed from time to time by the manager.
- Relevant third level qualification and/or a relevant professional qualification
- Experience working within the financial services’ industry – Credit Union experience an advantage.
- Prior experience working within a control function such as risk, compliance, internal audit, or conduct.
- A comprehensive understanding of organisational governance, risk management policies and procedures, and experience in developing and implementing same.
- Experience of working within a team with the ability to be flexible to the demands of the business and the team
- Effective (written and oral) communication skills, coupled with good interpersonal and presentational skills.
- Strong IT skills
- An understanding of the ethos of credit unions and sectoral challenges
- Certificate in Credit Union Compliance and Risk
- Pathways Certificate in Credit Union Operations
- Full Driving Licence with access to a vehicle.
If you are interested in applying for this position, a list of the main responsibilities can be provided on request to the email address below.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please email a cover letter with your CV to email@example.com
Crossmaglen Credit Union Limited is an equal opportunities employer and all selection decisions will be made strictly on merit.
Crossmaglen Credit Union – Recruitment Privacy Notice